Nervous patients particularly welcome
We’re always pleased to see new patients at Upton Dental. Come and have a look round the practice – you might be surprised to see just how welcoming a dental practice can be!
In particular, we’re always happy to welcome nervous patients to Upton Dental. We understand that some people have to overcome very real anxiety – or even fear – when they visit the dentists, and we want you to know that we have every sympathy with especially anxious patients.
Hennie and his team are known for their caring, compassionate approach and many of our patients tell us how skilled we are at putting nervous patients at ease. This is a practice with a genuinely gentle touch and we’re absolutely dedicated to the comfort and well-being of all our patients.
What will happen on your first visit?
First of all, we’ll make you feel at home! From the practice’s beautifully maintained garden surroundings to our relaxed waiting areas, Upton Dental is a place that reflects the personality of the people who work here.
While you’re with us, we’ll:
- Ask you to fill in your details and a Health Questionnaire.
- Take the time to get to know you a little, finding out what your aims and concerns may be and answering any questions you might have.
- Carefully examine your teeth, gums and mouth. This will probably include taking a couple of small X-rays, particularly if you have had previous fillings and haven’t recently had X-rays.
- Discuss with you what – if anything – needs to be done.
- Take care of any temporary repairs that may be needed, or put a stop to any pain you may be suffering
- Make sure you’re familiar with all your options and how much you’ll pay
“It’s essential that patients not only understand how to look after their teeth, but also understand what we can do to help. We’ll always take plenty of time to ensure this.”
– Hennie van der Merwe, practice owner